About TAD Center for AI and Data Science
The Tel Aviv University Center for AI and Data Science (TAD) was founded in 2019 as an interdisciplinary center with a mission to advance innovative research and education in these fields. More than 250 faculty members are affiliated with the center, covering both core and application areas from all across the campus (Exact Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medicine, Arts, Social Sciences, Law, Humanities, Management and more). We strive to transform all research areas including a special focus on data science and AI for social good.
Our main goals are:
- Support core research in AI and data science
- Promote interdisciplinary collaborative research across campus
- Provide infrastructure of computational resources and access to unique datasets
- Develop relations with industry and public organizations
- Promote education in AI and DS
To follow these aims, the center funds collaborative research in the fields of Data Science and AI and also supports PhD candidates through a new excellence fellowships program. The center holds seminars, conferences and meetings, and has established 13 communities in various fields to connect and support its members and to foster collaborations. The center formed a “Bridge” entity, to help researchers through consulting, mentoring and connecting between research groups.